Soft Zesty Ginger biscuits recipe (no scales)

I was supposed to follow a normal gingerbread recipe, but the scales has run out of battery and I had to improvise. (My recipe was based o...

I was supposed to follow a normal gingerbread recipe, but the scales has run out of battery and I had to improvise. (My recipe was based on this one.) Despite this, they turned out better than I had expected, and I plan on making some more tommorrow! I had been searching for some soft gingerbread, as I was getting kinda tired of hard gingerbread, but I also wanted to add a twist. 


Ingredients:
20 (heaped) tablespoons of Plain Flour
1 teaspoon of Bicarbonate of Soda
2 1/2 teaspoons of Ginger
1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
Zest of an Orange
3 tablespoons of juice from the orange
115g of diced butter (I used the measurements on the butter wrapping)
4 tablespoons of Dark Brown Sugar
5 tablespoons of Caster sugar
4 tablespoons of Golden Syrup
1 egg

Method:
1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5/190 C and line a baking tray.

2. Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger, cinnamon, orange zest and juice into a bowl and stir. Then rub the butter and flour mixture together until it begins to resemble breadcrumbs. After this, you need to add both sugars to the mixture.

3. Beat an egg in a separate bowl and add the syrup to it afterwards. Then stir them together until fully mixed.


4. Add the two mixtures together until it forms a dough and knead until it is smooth.

5. Flatten the dough with the rolling pin, making it about 1 - 2cm thick on a floured surface, and cut out your biscuit with a cutter.

6. Place the biscuits one the tray and put them in the oven for 10 minutes until they are golden brown. When they are done place them on a cooling rack.

Enjoy!<3

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Ooooooh I want to try these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They taste so good!! Much better than the dry shop ones:P Yay for no measurements ;)xx

    ReplyDelete